Never heard the term “fractional leader” before?
Don’t feel bad. Many people haven’t. As I sat across the table from my good friend Paul, we were talking about what we hear church communication directors struggle with the most. From project management to content ideas for social media to understanding the value of communications to ministry, we felt like there was something we could create to help churches communicate.
The concept we came up with is called Church Comm Team. It’s a ministry partnership for churches who know they need to improve their communications but don’t have the manpower or budget to hire enough staff or manage content.
For less than the cost of a part-time employee or intern, a Fractional Communications Leader provides direction, strategy, and leadership to the church’s communications department. In addition to that, we also provide a team of professionals to help make it happen.
What does a Fractional Communications Leader do?
In short, we do this:
- Create systems for getting work done using task management tools and request forms so that collaborating with all departments in the church is easy and efficient.
- Create a workflow that makes sense that limits distraction with less time “putting out fires” and more time working on things that are important to you and help you reach your goals.
- Make sure all the assets you need to be made are created in time and look great. These include website management, graphic design, sermon series art, social media management & scheduling, copywriting, & email marketing. This all includes a dedicated project manager to help you keep track of it.
If that sounds good to you, let’s set up an introduction call and see how we can work together.
Who would want a Fractional Communications Leader?
I suppose anyone would probably appreciate a little help, but more specifically, churches who fall into one of these categories are the ones we can probably help the most:
- You have no dedicated communications director and everyone pitches in to get everything done. But you’re all exhausted and would happily hand most of the communications responsibilities off. Let us focus on communications so you can go back to focusing on the reason you were hired.
- You’re a communication director and don’t have the budget to hire the help you need. We both know that the baseline communications needs of even a 100-member church is a full-time job if done correctly. So you have to let things slide and you’re tired of it. We can come in with a team of pros to support your department for less than the cost of a full-time (or even a part-time) employee.
Go to churchcommteam.com and look around. We know we can help you communicate and we know why it’s important. Paul and I are both former pastors and communication directors, so we know what’s at stake. We can help you, so let’s talk!